2018 Golf Membership
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hiawatha Golf Club had a fantastic 2017! With your support, the club was able to take some positive steps on golf course improvements and capital needs. Some noteworthy items include a new rough mower and used fairway mower, new sand in many bunkers, new bunker design on Holes 17 & 13, new design and drainage improvement on Hole 1, a new cart shed roof, new restaurant equipment, and 34 new trees.
We hope you will be a part of our improvements in 2018. One way to be a part of our growth is to purchase a Hiawatha golf membership. Why purchase a golf membership? Consider these benefits:
- Budget how much you spend on golf. By purchasing a golf membership, your green fees are paid for the entire season. This will give you incentive to play more! Add a cart membership and all your golf fees are paid for the entire season!
- Public facility that resembles private club access. Memberships are affordable! Daily golf fees are not overly discounted to overcrowd the golf course with public play, thus resulting in easy members’ access and 9-hole rounds that seldom take over 2 hours.
- Challenging, well-manicured enjoyable course. Bret Mullikin, our golf course superintendent, takes great pride in his work and goes the extra mile to keep the course in great condition. We have the best greens in the area!
- The opportunity to improve your golf game. Take advantage of our practice range for a small yearly fee, sign up for PGA Professional golf instruction, and/or establish a handicap to measure your improvements.
- Meet new friends! Is there a better place to get to know people with similar interests? Enjoy our clubhouse which serves a nice lunch menu and a great seasonal fish fry!
- Families that play golf together, stay together! Did you know that children under the age of 13 are free and for a minimal fee you can add your other children to the membership? Juniors also have access to some great programs that will introduce them to the game.
- Competitive opportunities. Searching for some competition? Hiawatha offers many opportunities to compete against your friends and colleagues in some fun events such as our Tuesday Night Men’s League. A new Monday Couples League and Wednesday Ladies League is in the planning stages. We also have other fun tournaments throughout the season.
- Great exercise! Did you know if you walked 18 holes pulling your clubs you burn up to 1226 calories! Riding in a cart will burn up to 822 calories. So lose weight while you do something you enjoy.
- Reciprocal access to local area courses. When you purchase a Hiawatha membership, you will receive reciprocal rounds at Fox Hollow (Lacrosse), Forest Hills (Lacrosse), Drugans Castle Mound (Holmen), Skyline (Black River), Viroqua Hills (Viroqua), and River Run (Sparta). Discounted rounds are also available at Lake Arrowhead (Nekoosa) and Waushara Country Club (Wautoma).